Saturday, December 22, 2012

Thanksgiving and a preview


Wow, it's been a while since I last posted.....hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving, though you've mostly moved on to the Winter Holidays by now. Hope you are enjoying those as well...

Here are just a few snapshots of my Thanksgiving dinner this year. I wimped out. I was going to make my own seitan roast again, but saw the new Gardein roast and thought I should try it....and since I always buy a Tofurky (because it's tradition), I had two store-bought roasts. I did make a nice colcannon (mashed potato/parsnip/turnip with cabbage & onion) with homemade cranberry sauce and my mom's awesome stuffing (veganized)!

The new Gardein Holiday Roast:



The ol' standby, Tofurky:




Cranberry sauce in the making:


Pumpkin pie made from a fresh Long Island Cheese Squash that I cooked (though I admit the whole wheat vegan crust is store-bought):


Our desserts (yes, I made cranberry bread too...and our friend, Dave who visited from New Orleans, brought vegan cookies):


Here's the main plate:


And guess what else? I finally bought a kitchen compost keeper (RSVP 1.5 Gal).......and I love it! Now I don't have to waste space in the fridge, or take it out to the backyard compost everyday:



I have biobags that I use inside. I suppose I don't need them, but it's easier to just lift the bag out and throw the whole thing in the composter and then I don't really need to clean the bucket.

I don't usually make New Year's Resolutions, but this year I've got two. Since our basement renovation is finally complete....




.....I can finally resume my p90x workouts!!

And secondly, I need to get back to blogging. I also need to get back to reading other peoples' blogs....as in, I'm scared to open up Google Reader. I haven't read anything in months. I still somewhat keep up via Facebook.....but I've been a little MIA on Twitter as well. I'm coming back!!

Coming up on the blog:

Digital magazine downloads (and possibly free subscriptions to Veggie mags)
Reviewing The Vegg (a vegan egg yolk??)

Stay tuned!!

Eat smart,
T.

No comments:

Post a Comment