Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Carrot Ginger Soup


It's perfect weather here for a nice hot soup. Yes, it actually dipped below 50 degrees!

So I thought I'd whip up some soup and carrot with ginger seemed perfect. But first, let me show you the awesome pumpkin pancakes I had, made with leftover pumpkin puree and served with leftover cranberry sauce:



Are you wondering about that cool coffee mug in the background?? (insert shameful plug here)
That, my friends, is my REAL gig. The awesome mug has our new logo on it, designed by our friend, Amie of NexStitch. My husband and I are a viola duo. We perform and teach lessons (online). If you'd like any of these cool items for yourself or to give as gifts, hop on over to our online shop to get them! And of course, to help out some musicians :)

Where were we before I went off on a silly (but needed) tangent...??

Oh yes, carrot soup!

First I have to mention that I made my vegetable barley stew again last night....so good, and also perfect for this weather.

Carrot-Ginger Soup
(makes ~3-4 servings)


1 1/2 lbs carrots (any kind), cut into chunks and steamed
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
3 stalks celery, sliced
1 tbsp minced garlic
1" piece of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
1 cup vegetable broth
1 cup almond milk (use more if you like it thinner)
pinch of nutmeg
salt & pepper to taste


In your medium soup pot, add the onions, celery, garlic, ginger and about 1/4 cup water. Cook on medium heat until the onions are soft.


In a blender (I used a Vitamix), add your broth, onion mix, and steamed carrots. Puree.


Pour the pureed soup back into your soup pot and add the milk, pepper, and nutmeg. Heat on medium-low until it's as hot as you want it. Turn off the heat and add the salt. Stir and serve.






Check out the GIVEAWAY on CzechVegan's blog for Manna Products!


How's the weather where you are? Have you been making hot soups to keep warm? What's your favorite soup?

Eat smart,
T.

No comments:

Post a Comment