Friday, August 8, 2014

Matcha Green Tea Latte

In yesterday's post, I said I wanted to try a green tea latte. So.....here it is!


I used the Kiss Me Organics matcha powder for this.

Matcha Green Tea Latte:

Boil about 1/4 cup water. 
Add 1 tsp matcha powder to cup.
Add the boiling water to the cup and whisk until green tea is dissolved.
Add about 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup frothed non-dairy milk.
Sweetener to taste (optional)

Here, you can see the tea powder with the water before I added the soymilk:


I think, technically, you're supposed to use a bamboo whisk, but I didn't have one.

When I first tasted it, it was a bit grainy. You should wait a minute for things to settle at the bottom of the cup before drinking. After the 1st minute, no more graininess! I didn't add sweetener, but I might try it next time for a dessert-like drink.

See yesterday's post if you want to enter to win this matcha powder!


Eat smart,
T.

1 comment:

  1. Matcha lattes are my favorite warming winter drinks. Although I'm still a bit fan of the classic hot chocolate, this bold, slightly bitter brew still beats it every time.

    ReplyDelete