Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Salem MA Restaurant Review



Last week we were able to spend the day on Boston's Northshore. This area runs along the coastline and includes Salem, Gloucester, Rockport, etc. I think we tried to cram too much into one day. Nonetheless, it was beautiful and we'd love to go back (maybe for an entire weekend next time)!

So we started in Salem....





Beautiful place and not overly crowded on a Sunday morning. Before we went I did my research on vegan restaurants. I found one that is not entirely vegan, but it was some of the best food I've ever had!

LIFE ALIVE!





The inside was so colorful! We went on the early side, so there weren't too many people in there yet. I ordered the Goddess demi-bowl (after I ate it, I wished I'd gotten the larger bowl):

I got the sprouted legumes instead of tofu. Awesome ginger sauce covering carrots, beets, broccoli, kale, and brown rice. It was the most amazing food ever!! I could eat that dish everyday. Now I must try to replicate it. Hmmm.....

S ordered the Warrior Salad, also delicious:

...topped with hummus and tofu!

I also ordered the Jive Alive juice, which was very ginger-heavy. Good, but it was burning my throat a bit.

The place is maybe 95% vegan. They have a few items that are not....not sure why. Doesn't matter to me....I WILL BE BACK!

If you're interested, they also have beer on tap and kombucha.


After Salem, we continued on to Halibut Point:


Then to Rockport (which was outrageously packed with tourists):


And lastly, Gloucester!


I had the urge to see the ocean......and so we did!

Have you been to the Northshore? What's your favorite part?

Eat smart,
T.

No comments:

Post a Comment