Friday, December 16, 2011

My new food processor!!


Yup, I did it. I finally got the big FP: The Cuisinart Elite 12-cup food processor. And it's big, but I love it! It's got 2 bowls in it, the 12 cup bowl and the 4 cup bowl. It also has an adjustable slicing disk, from 1mm to 6mm, as well as a fine/medium shredder and the chopping blades.

Carrots!

Carrots, zucchini, etc.

Cabbage for today's raw Pad Thai (I'll post about that later).

Do you have a food processor? I'm looking forward to using this to slice up cucumbers and tomatoes for salad too. You can do thin potatoes for chips as well!

Eat smart,
T.

2 comments:

  1. I have one and it's a disappointment, because I didn't pick it out myself and the gift giver doesn't really know what to look for. I will use it until it dies, then buy another one. My chief complaint is how leaky it gets when I'm doing liquids. It's also no match for the blender when I'm making hummus. It does make shredding vegetables a lot faster, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no.....When it comes to the kitchen, I know what I want, meaning I have to pick it out myself!! I haven't done liquids in this one yet, but I tend to use the Vitamix for liquids. Can't wait to do a big batch of hummus in it :)

    ReplyDelete