Monday, January 14, 2013

Sprouted Lentil Hummus


LENTIL SPROUTS!!

I love lentil sprouts. I recently ordered the Peasant Mix from SproutPeople (as well as the Moo Mix and I think the French Garden Mix). I have their small sprouter as well, which I love. But in this green multiple tray sprouter, I went for the mixed lentils this time. They are awesome, however I probably made too much at once. I'm not sure how long they last in the fridge.....anyone? 

I usually just sprout the regular ol' cheap lentils you get in a bag at the grocery store. Those are good too! You should try those first, if you've never done lentil sprouts before. Then you can go fancy :)

I had so many sprouts, I needed to use them in something besides just adding them to my salads. So...I added them into my hummus and it's delicious!

Sprouted Lentil Hummus:

1 can garbanzo beans
1 cup sprouted lentils
1 clove garlic
1 small tomato or roasted red pepper
Juice of 1 lemon
salt to taste

Blend all together in a food processor until the lentils are mostly broken down. Add more lemon juice if you'd like!

 (without sprouts)

(with sprouts)

What other kinds of hummus do you like?

ONE MORE DAY to enter my giveaway for a FREE magazine subscription! TEN WINNERS!

Eat smart,
T.


No comments:

Post a Comment